Saturday, December 18, 2010

Managing room temp

The biggest challenge will be keeping the room at optimal temp 34-38 dgF for nearly a month straight. Luckily it's December so that helps.

I am doing a combination of things in order to keep the room at a safe temp.

1. Under each ham tray is another tray with a layer of ice between them.

2. Another 50 pounds of ice is in a cooler directly under the work table.

3. I have cut a hole in the insulation that is in front of a drafty basement window. A steady stream of cold air gets in the room and stay there.

4. The wine fridge I put in the wall is on full blast with the door open.


I've been able to keep it from 34-38 on average and never over 40 dgs which happen in your fridge all the time.

After this initial salting is over I will be bringing the room up to 50-60 dgF which will be easy

No comments:

Post a Comment